Thursday, May 21, 2009

8 Years


True Love
Originally uploaded by KristenJcksn
8 years ago today Cole and I officially started dating. I was 16, Cole was 17, we were both juniors at different high schools. Cole and I had mutual friends and hung out off and on. It was until April of 2001 that we really got to know each other. All of our other friends had plans to go away for April vacation, except us, so we spent every day together. The flirting started then. Cole told me straight up he did want a girlfriend. I was cool with that, as I wasn't looking for anything serious.

We went on a few dates. I asked Cole to my junior prom, we had a blast (drank way to much-bad girl!) That Monday after prom, Cole asked me out, my first response wasn't "oh my god, yes." It was "I thought you didn't want a girlfriend?" After some convincing my Cole I said yes. You see I was afraid he'd break my heart, that he wouldn't be committed to our relationship, that some how we'd ruin our friendship...boy was I wrong!

We had always discussed going to college together, moving in together, getting married, and starting a family...who knew it would really happen!?

Everyone just thought we were crazy teenagers in love, I guess they were wrong!

Happy Anniversary Cole...I love you more and more each day!