Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dr.'s Appointment

So, we went to our scheduled Dr.'s appointment yesterday and it did not go as I had planned. First we had a new nurse and that just threw me through a loop, because I'm used to having the same nurse who knows me and my history. Then I stepped on the scale and had gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks, WHAT? I was NOT expecting that, I knew I had really started to show and was told this week I had ""popped", but still 10 pounds! I know it's not a big deal, I'm only up 6 pounds total, I just wanted the weight gain to be more steady, not all at once. Then the nurse took my blood pressure...it was 150/70...yikes! My blood pressure had slowly been creeping up so my Dr. decided to start me on a low dose of Labatelol to hopefully lower it. I must admit this makes me very nervous, my blood pressure wasn't a problem with Grace until 30 weeks and with bed rest I was able to keep her in 7 weeks then they had to take her because it turned to pre-eclampsia. I really want to carry these twins to 38 weeks, so having my bp so high, so early makes me very nervous! Then to top it off I found out the perinatologist recommended moving my due date to 11/5 based on my last ultrasound. Now I know that 4 days is not a huge deal, but it felt like such a disappointment. My pregnancy just got 4 days longer and I was now 4 days further away from viability.

Once we got to the car I started crying. I only cried for a few minutes, then it was out of my system. I was just so excited for a good doctor's appointment and this was not one. Overall I'm very happy, the babies both look good, so I can't really complain.